The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has issued an official notification asking all the interested, eligible principals as well as teachers for CBSE awards 2017-2018.
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) has issued an official notification asking all the interested, eligible principals as well as teachers for CBSE awards 2017-2018. According to the reports, the registration process for the same began on June 29. The last date to submit the application form is July 13 on cbse.nic.in/newsite/award
The Central Board of Secondary Education instituted the `Teacher Awards` under the aegis of MHRD in the year 2000 to give public recognition to the meritorious services of outstanding teachers of schools affiliated to it.
Since then, these awards are given every year on Teachers` Day i.e. September 5. Each award consists of a merit certificate, a shawl and a cash prize of Rs 50,000.
Awards in various categories have been initiated to encourage teachers across all disciplines. The number of awards has been increased from 34 to 48.
- Working teacher with at least 10 years of regular teaching experience in CBSE affiliated school(s) and working principals with 10 years of regular teaching experience and 5 years as a principal in a CBSE affiliated school(s) can apply for the CBSE Teacher Award.
- A retired teacher is not eligible for the award but those teachers who have served a part of the calendar year (at least for four months i.e. upto April 30 in the year to which National Award/CBSE Award relates) pre-retirement can be considered if they fulfill all other conditions. The service rendered on re-employment after attaining the age of superannuation will not count as eligible service.
- Teachers whose names were recommended last year or before but not awarded the National/CBSE Award will be considered again if they are still otherwise eligible and are duly recommended by the Head of the school.
How to apply:
- Go to the official website, cbse.nic.in/newsite/award
- Each applicant shall give an undertaking that all the information/data submitted is true to the best of his/her knowledge.
According to the official notification, the National Level Screening Committee at the CBSE headquarters will make the selection on the basis of:
General criteria for all categories of awards, such as academic qualifications, scholarly contributions, functional research, curriculum, community and student development achievements, awards and honours
Specific criteria, which will cover effectiveness as a teacher, remedial teaching, contribution of the teacher thereof
Face to face interaction
Two video graphed lessons of 30 minutes each of actual classroom teaching with lesson plans
Further, selection of final awardees will be done by the Committee and announcement of awards will be displayed on the CBSE portal.
The names of the top 6 scorers will be forwarded to Ministry of HRD, Govt of India for National Teachers Award.
Applicants must note that online application is the only mode to apply.
Source :NYOOOZ DESK