The topics asked in the exams are twisted and overall the exam was in the moderate range. The results are expected in December 2017.
IBPS PO 2017 Mains that was held on November 26, 2017 for the recruitment of probationary officers for public sector banks. The topics asked in the exams are twisted and overall the exam was in the moderate range. The results are expected in December 2017. Before the answers keys are made available by unofficial sources, a detailed analysis of the exam is here.
About IBPS PO Mains 2017:
The exam was for 200 marks and candidates had three hours to answer all questions. The paper was divided into four sections with questions on:
- Reasoning and Computer Aptitude (60 marks)
General/Economy/Banking Awareness (40 marks)
English Language (35 marks)
Data Analysis and Interpretation (35 marks)
- The Descriptive Writing section had one question on letter writing and one on essay writing
IBPS PO Mains 2017 section-wise exam paper analysis:
The overall paper was of moderate to difficult level. The Reasoning section was difficult, Data analysis and Interpretation was moderate, English was moderate to difficult and General Economy and Banking Awareness section were moderate.
- There were 10 questions from RC, 7 from Cloze test, 4 from Synonym and Antonym, 3 each from Error Spotting and Para Jumbles
- This section again brought in new types of questions with new patterns in everything except Reading Comprehension
- There were 8 questions from Critical Reasoning, 5 from Coding Decoding (new type), 4 from Linear Arrangement
- The questions on critical reasoning, direction sense and analytical reasoning followed a new pattern
- On the other hand, blood relations were coded. Coding decoding questions were again of a new type with alphabetic strings
Data Analysis and Interpretation:
- There were new questions on Geometry, Polynomials and Algebra as well. Data Interpretation had 15 questions
- `Data sufficiency and Data comparison questions were a surprise element and were new to the candidates.
Can not determine was given in most of the questions in reasoning section & None of these was present in almost all the questions in English section which had increased the difficulty level of exam. Also, the Quant section was calculative & time-consuming whereas G.K constitutes the Banking awareness part most. Overall the exam was of Moderate to Difficult level.
With all the surprise element, the cut-offs are expected to lower or at least remain more or less the same i.e. around 65-75 for general category candidates according to several sources.
Your support to NYOOOZ will help us to continue create and publish news for and from smaller cities, which also need equal voice as much as citizens living in bigger cities have through mainstream media organizations.
Source :NYOOOZ DESK