GNFC`s voluntary organization NCSC (Narmadanagar Community Science Centre) aims to inculcate scientific temperament in the young students in the age bar of 8-15 years through practical experimentation. Every year NCSC organizes Annual Science Festival, wherein thousands of students from various school in and around Bharuch participates. This year`s Annual Science Festival is a Silver Jubilee Festival has planned a Zest of events take a look.
NCSC (Narmadanagar Community Science Center) is a voluntary organization under the umbrella of Gujarat Narmada Valley Fertilizers and Chemicals Limited, Bharuch (GNFC). They aim to inculcate scientific temperament in the young students in the age bar of 8 to 15 years through practical experimentation.
Two-day Annual Science Festival of NCSC is a major event, eagerly awaited by the schools of Bharuch District for participation. Each passing year, a rise in number of students and schools participation is seen. This year, the articipation of 1600 students from about 50 schools of Bharuch District, including 25% schools from the rural areas around Bharuch is expected.
The festival includes various competitive events like Science Exhibition, Research based projects, Poster and Drawing competition, Science Quiz, Do it Yourself – experiments, Your Point of View – Group Discussion, as well as various workshops on Science, Aeromodelling, Astronomy Tod-Phod-Jod, etc.
In this endeavor and the journey of 25 years, continued support of Dharampur Science Centre, Nehru Science Centre-Mumbai, Physical Research Laboratory, ISRO, etc was received by way of participation of eminent scientists, providing science displays, lectures on concurrent science topics, etc. during the science festivals in the past years.
This year’s Annual Science Festival is Silver Jubilee Festival to be held on 6th and 7th January 2018 at Sports Complex, GNFC Township, Bharuch. Various national institutions are taking part this year in a big way.
Take a glimpse of the activities –
1) Space Application Centre (ISRO) shall interact with the students through video clips and print outs to display their activities in development of Space Program of the Nation. There shall be exhibition on ‘India’s Space Program’ by Vikram Sarabhai Space Exhibition - SAC.
2) The AIR SHOW-
Time: 15.30 to 17.00 hrs.
Venue: Sports Complex, GNFC Township, Bharuch
- Live display of slithering by Garud Commandos of Indian Air Force from MI 17 helicopter
- Flying of radio-controlled Aero-models
- Launching of long flight (500 Mtrs) Rocket
- Performance of Baroda High School- Bagikhana student marching band
- Participative Fire fighting drills for students by GNFC Fire team.
3) Indian Air Force – South Western Air Command team shall interact with the students through talks, movies and handouts to inculcate temperament for careers in Indian Air Force including static display of Advance Light Helicopter.
4) Gujarat Council on Science & Technology (GUJCOST) is providing us resources for certain events during the festival. They shall also showcase some projects from National Science Congress held last week.
5) GEDA shall mobilize mobile display vans for students to make them understand efficient use of domestic energy and create awareness about using renewable energy resources to the maximum.
6) The Jazz band of EME School, Vadodara shall perform on 07-01-2018.
7) Dr Abhay Bavishi from Christ College, Rajkot shall take Practical Science workshops.
8) Mr Pragnesh Rathod from Dharampur Science Centre, shall take workshops on Science using Liquid Nitrogen
9) Workshops on Astronomy by Dr Vishal Joshi, PRL
10) Mobile Planetarium shows with digital system.
11) A lively cultural program including a Science Drama in evening on 6th Jan 2018
12) Sky watching through telescope at night on 6th Jan 2018.
The science festival is to be inaugurated by Dr Rajiv Kumar Gupta- Managing Director GNFC, who is also the chief guest, Shri Tapan Mishra – Director Space Application Centre (ISRO), Air Commodore B V Upadhyay – Air Officer Commanding AF Stn Baroda on 6th Jan
Your support to NYOOOZ will help us to continue create and publish news for and from smaller cities, which also need equal voice as much as citizens living in bigger cities have through mainstream media organizations.
Source :NYOOOZ DESK