Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is India’s central agency, conducting various exams such as, Civil Services Exam, IFS, NDA, CDS, SCRA etc. The recruitment is done in various ministerial department services and posts under the Union. The number of applicants increase every year, though the number of vacancies varies. The exam procedure completes in 3 stages, prelims, mains and interview.
Notification centre: https://upsconline.nic.in/
- A degree from a Central, State or Deemed university.
- A degree received through correspondence or distance education.
- A degree from an open university.
- A qualification recognized by the Government of India as being equivalent to one of the above.
Numbers of attempts:
- General category candidates: 4
- OBC category candidates = 7
- SC/ST Candidates = unlimited
Job Opportunities: Associate professor, Foreman, Technical Officer, Assistant Registrar, Research Officer / Planning Officer and Deputy Controller of Mines, Assistant Commissioner, Regional Director, Technical Officer, Superintending Anthropologist, Scientist B and Deputy Director etc.
*Applicants before applying must read the UPSC Eligibility Criteria carefully to ascertain their age limit, educational qualification, physical standards, nationality prescribed for the exam. Candidates who do not meet the basic requirement of the eligibility norms will be summarily rejected from the recruitment process.