A good college aims towards the natural development of learners through education. With some of the best universities and colleges to its credit, India has been successful in attracting bright talents. Inderprastha Engineering College (IPEC), Ghaziabad, approved by AICTE and affiliated to Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University (APJAKTU) Lucknow, is a well-known name in this series as it aims at the holistic development of the society.
Quality and stress-free education is the need of the hour. The twenty-first century is about management and assessment of all the knowledge we have generated and the value addition we bring to it. So it is desirable to understand the term ‘Education’. The word Education is derived from the Latin word – ‘Educere’ which means ‘bring out, lead forth’. It means the child is not an empty box to fill. One has to bring the ‘RIGHT’ out of him, which is already stated in him. Through education, we expect a harmonious transformation of a child from a distracted, egoistic being into a social and global citizen. If this is the real sense of education, then why today’s education become the synonym of STRESS? Teachers, parents and students all stakeholders are struggling and striving in the journey of education and living. The role of education is to facilitate the development of the competence to live with Definite Human Conduct through Harmonious Living.
A good college aims towards the natural development of learners through education. With some of the best universities and colleges to its credit, India has been successful in attracting bright talents. Inderprastha Engineering College (IPEC), Ghaziabad, approved by AICTE and affiliated to Dr A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University (APJAKTU) Lucknow, is a well-known name in this series as it aims at the holistic development of the society. It was set up as a self-financed institution under the aegis of Shail Garg Shiksha Sansthan in the year 2000, to cater the demands of technical education in the NCR region of UP, where students can give their career an unmatched head start towards a truly global engineering career. IPEC offers following streams in B.Tech: Computer Science and Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Information Technology and Electrical and Electronics Engineering, and also offers M.Tech Courses i.e. M.Tech Computer Science and Engineering, ECE-VLSI Design and Mechanical -Production Engineering. The institution is aspiring for-
· The education (general) of engineering students and future engineering professionals.
· The educational studies of engineering that prepare the graduates to practice engineering with competent technical know-how and soft skills at the professional levels.
· Strengthening Governance, Leadership and Management in students.
· Improving the Quality of Teaching, Learning and Research at Institution.
· Fostering Stronger Industry/Institute Collaboration.
· Building Innovation and Entrepreneurship in Engineering Education.
· Developing competence to live with Definite Human Conduct through Harmonious Living.
Whether it is a matter of educational parameters or extracurricular activities IPEC is unparalleled in output. Inderprastha Engineering College (IPEC), Ghaziabad is famous for healthy interpersonal interactions, value-based teacher-student bonding and excellent performances in extracurricular activities/sports. With each passing day IPEC is heading towards new heights. Three of the departments- CSE, ECE and ME are NBA accredited and departments of CE, EN and IT are in process of being accredited. Holding a good rank in top ten prestigious colleges of NCR, location of this institute is hardly few km away from railway/ bus/ metro station, which makes it easily approachable for the students. Lush green campus, well equipped classrooms, advanced laboratories, qualified and caring teachers and very supportive peer group creates a pleasant ambiance and makes the stay of students comfortable which results in expected prolific outcomes after completing education tenure. Time to time guest lectures by eminent professors, industrial visits, personality development classes, national level seminar/workshop/conferences and practical exposure to authenticate theoretical knowledge provides student a basis to be innovative, entrepreneurial and assured future citizens. Besides, different technical and non technical inter college student forums strengthen their wings of imagination in the direction of managerial skills, leadership qualities and creative thinking. To treasure the wealth of extra-curricular skills preferably owned by the native students of the college, E-SAC (Expressions- Student Activity Cell) divided into many subcells like Medha (Literary activities), Nivedha (Cultural activities) Spardha (Sports activities) and Vividha (Technical activities) etc, is contributing a healthy and positive ambiance through dynamic learning programs and competitions. Definite objective of the forum is to preserve and develop diversified Indian values, culture and skills and to support initiatives and cooperation in these areas with a high spirit of teacher-student cooperation as a team. Sure shot selection in dream destined services authenticates its significance strongly. IPEC with its state-of-the-art infrastructure is a laboratory of learning compassion, empathetic listening and a reflective thinking with a concern for global, national and rural issues. Campus own following in the interest of budding engineers-
· A well-stocked central library housing approximately 1 lakh volumes, online journals and self-learning resources like NPTEL, MIT courseware and IIT Delhi lecture series.
· State-of-the-art engineering laboratories, workshop and seminar halls
· Centers of Excellence: Software Development Cell, Renewable Energy Center, Digital Professional Communication Lab, Mobile Computing Lab, C Engine Testing Lab, Incubation Centre, Entrepreneurship Development Cell, Tech Aaditya Excellence Cell and Texas Instruments Cell.
· Campus-wide Networking, LAN and Wi-Fi connectivity
· Auditorium and an Open Air Theater
· E-SAC (Expressions- Student Activity Cell)
· Sports Complex and Gymnasium
· Value Education Cell
· Separate hostels for Boys and Girls in the campus with 24hrs power backup, RO water supply and high speed Internet facility
· Medical facilities, Health insurance etc.
Destined to be a leader in the academic world, the institute has the plan to expand existing programs, promote industry relevant projects, R&D and consultancy to raise the overall standard as well as to bridge the gap between academics and industry requirements. The objective is to make the institute globally visible with excellence in education and research activities. Through admission in various courses, IPEC is determined for a lifelong partnership in teaching, learning, innovation and leadership. Alumni of IPEC are associated with world-class companies in India as well as in abroad. Training and placement cell of the institute is an interface between students and industries across the country and develops employable professionals through a comprehensive training programme.
‘The student even with average knowledge and personality at the time of admission may be transformed into a responsible human to fulfil his participation towards self, family and society after four years of education tenure at IPEC’ – with this uniform and definite objective, every associated person of the institute is contributing wholeheartedly. The concerted efforts of management, faculty, staff and student towards excellence in professional education bagged many awards and honour to it-
· Chairman received the ‘Entrepreneur Award’ 2013 by Engineering Watch recommended by VC of the university and ‘Best Educationist Award’ by International Institute of Education and Management, ‘National Employability Award’ for two consecutive years 2013 and 2014 by Aspiring Minds for being amongst top three institutes in UP that excelled in AMCAT.
· TCS also awarded IPEC for conducting ‘World’s largest single shift Digital Assessment with Zero Defect’.
· College has 2nd rank in Dr Kalam Entrepreneurship League (KEL) organized by Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow at the state level for 2018.
· India Skills 2015, Mobile Robotics Winner – 2nd Position
· Student of IPEC has been selected by Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow for presenting the innovative idea for 2018.
· Students of Inderprastha Engineering College, Ghaziabad brought laurels winning the trophy for BEST ZONE (Ghaziabad & Modinagar) in Dr Abdul Kalam Technical, Literary and Management Fest, 2018 (STATE LEVEL).
· Student of IPEC National Toper in NPTEL online courses
· IPEC is recognized as one of the Nodal Center of Value Education by Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow and periodically conducting workshops on Human Values and Professional Ethics.
The college is committed to provide the best possible value education and professional job oriented technical training meeting global standards in the field of education.
‘Excellence is a continuous process and not an accident’.- Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
Source :NYOOOZ DESK