OPEC Fund for International Development Scholarship 2018 is accepting applications from master’s degree applicants.
OPEC Fund for International Development Scholarship 2018 is accepting applications from master’s degree applicants. The scholarship is for candidates from developing countries who want to pursue their master degree in the appropriate field of development.
It aims at helping extremely driven and motivated students overcome the financial challenges they had to face in paying the cost of graduate studies.
Applicant should be 23- 32 years of age.
· Applicant must have or can be in their last year of bachelor’s degree.
· Applicant should have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 rating system or its equivalent.
· Applicant must select a course related to development.
· Applicant must have matriculated at a recognized university, for the year starting in August/September 2018.
Step 1: Login to the official website of OPEC to access the application form.
Step 2: Fill the application form with all relevant details.
Step 3: Upload the required documents.
Step 4: Submit the application form.
Documents required for the OPEC Fund:
· Application form.
· Scanned copy of the applicant’s passport.
· Scanned copy of the transcripts/certificates from the highest level of education completed.
· A scanned letter of acceptance from a chosen educational institution, confirming applicant’s admission, the subject of study and duration of the Master’s degree program.
· Proof of meeting any prerequisites, including language proficiency.
· A short essay – of about 500 words in English – giving reasons for applying for the OFID scholarship, explaining educational goals, and clearly describing how the applicant will use the experience gained from your Master’s degree studies to help in the development of his/her home country.
· Two letters of recommendation from professors and/or lecturers at applicant’s present university (or present employer).
Curriculum Vitae (CV)
The scholarship is provided by The OPEC Fund for International Development. The organisation is a development finance institution which was established by the Member States of OPEC in 1976 as a channel of aid to the developing countries.
Your support to NYOOOZ will help us to continue create and publish news for and from smaller cities, which also need equal voice as much as citizens living in bigger cities have through mainstream media organizations.
Source :NYOOOZ DESK