Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute has announced a call for Applications for Shastri Research Student Fellowship (SRSF) 2017-18 for Doctoral students, Post-doctoral scholars and students enrolled in degree programs in recognized Indian & Canadian universities or institutions to undertake research in areas/ fields in which scholars may desire/require research experience in Canada/India. Completed electronic application along with all required documents and with a mention of program name in the subject line.Important date to remember:The application deadline is July 23, 2017, by 5 p.m
The aim of the fellowship is to provide an opportunity for a transformative cultural and educational experience.
These fellowships are available to pursue research.
These fellowships are awarded in the fields offered by the university.
Fellowships will cover $ 500 per week
Total number of Fellowships:
Twelve fellowships are available.
Where can the fellowship be taken?
Fellowship can be taken in Canadian & Indian universities.
The proposed/accepted period of research will be up to 6 months for doctoral students.
- An applicant should have completed one year of Bachelor degree and a minimum of one semester or 6 months of Masters from an Indian or Canadian University/ Institution with at least 55% marks. The final year or last semester student has to provide proof for the internship required for that particular degree.
- Students pursuing M. Phil should have completed a minimum of 1 semester of the degree/course.
- The applicant`s University/Institution must be from member institutions of Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute. A list of SICI member institutions is available.
- The applicant should not have another degree from a Canadian university or be enrolled in a Canadian degree program.
- A letter of invitation/affiliation from the host faculty is must and the affiliate should be from a member institution of Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute.
- The applicant must be a citizen or a permanent resident of India or Canada.
- Official Transcripts (student applicants only) to be sent directly from the university for all years of completed study.
- The applicant should demonstrate proficiency in oral and written English, and should preferably be in the age group of 21-25 years.
How to apply?
- Applicants can apply via online mode.
- Completed electronic application along with all required documents and with a mention of program name in the subject line "Application for Shastri Research Student Fellowship (SRSF) 2017-18".
- Late and incomplete applications will not be entertained.
- In case the applicant is employed then Employer`s endorsement is a must for application submission and has to submit `No Objection` from the head of the Department/ Institution with the application.
- A letter of invitation/affiliation from the host faculty is must and the affiliate should be from the member institution of Shastri Indo-Canadian Institute.
Important date to remember
- The application deadline is July 23, 2017, by 5 p.m
Your support to NYOOOZ will help us to continue create and publish news for and from smaller cities, which also need equal voice as much as citizens living in bigger cities have through mainstream media organizations.
Source :NYOOOZ DESK