The Central Board of Secondary Education is accepting applications for merit scholarship scheme for single girl child of class 10 passed in 2017 and renewal of 2016. Read on to know eligibility criteria, scholarship duration, its renewal an much more.
The Central Board of Secondary Education is accepting applications for merit scholarship scheme for single girl child of class 10 passed in 2017 and renewal of 2016.
All single girl students, who have scored 60 per cent/6.2 CGPA or more marks/grades in CBSE Class 10 examination and are pursuing class 11 and 12 in school (affiliated with CBSE) whose tuition fee is not more than Rs 1,500 during the academic year, will be eligible for the scholarship.
Scholarship duration and its renewal
The scholarship conferred shall be revoked for a duration of one year i.e. successful completion of class 11. Renewal shall also be governed by the promotion to the next class on a condition that the scholar scores 50 per cent or more marks in total in the examination which regulates her promotion to next class.
Rate of scholarships and mode of payment
The rate of scholarship shall be Rs 500 per month. A scholarship conferred under the scheme will be paid for a maximum period of two years.
As per the official website,
· Student should have qualified class 10 examination from the CBSE and secured 6.2 CGPA or more
· Studying class 11 and 12 from CBSE affiliated schools
· Student (Girl) should be only child of their parents
· Original affidavit duly attested by the first class judicial magistrate/SDM/Executive Magistrate/Notary according to the prescribed format available on the board`s website. (Photocopy of affidavit will not be accepted)
· Application form should be attested by the school principal from where the student is pursuing class 11 after passing class 10 from board`s examination
· Tuition fee should not be more than Rs 1,500 per month in Class 10 and 10 per cent enhancement for Class 11 and 12.
How to apply:
Candidates who want to seek the scholarship can apply through the official website, cbse.nic.in
Candidates can give in to the application form duly filled and signed confirmation page to the mailing address below, through a proper channel so as to reach before the closing date.
`Scholarship Unit, CBSE, Shiksha Kendra, 2 Community Centre, Delhi - 110092`
For further detailed information, candidates can visit the official website- cbse.nic.in.
Your support to NYOOOZ will help us to continue create and publish news for and from smaller cities, which also need equal voice as much as citizens living in bigger cities have through mainstream media organizations.
Source :NYOOOZ DESK