- Tuesday | 15th February, 2022
- Thursday | 10th February, 2022
- Tuesday | 25th January, 2022
- Monday | 6th September, 2021
- Friday | 20th August, 2021
Enjoy the festival of colors- Holi in a healthy way. For a Healthy Holi is happy Holi.
Holi is knocking at our doorsteps. While playing colours, we also tend to take a toll on our health. The beloved sweet that is eaten most on Holi is Gujia. No matter it is made at home or outside due to sweetness, it raises the sugar levels in the blood, which is also responsible to increases your weight by getting stored as fat, It is also responsible to harm the blood arteries contradicting the blood flow, creating obstacles in reaching the heart. This also reduces the ability to fight diseases in the body.
The heart blockages also increase when you have sugar or heart related problems. It also weakens the digestion process too. To find out how you can celebrate Holi without compromising your health.
Now it is said that what is to be done is that even Gujia can be eaten without having any ill effects on the health. For this, you have to take low fat Gujia which will be taken by the heart patients and diabetics alike. For this people can have baked Gujjia or the ones made from semolina, Gujias made from dry fruits, or oats Gujia can also be eaten. If you want to use oil then make use of mustard or coconut oil.
In place of normal sugar or sugar free, you can also use honey. With this sweetener, you can take care of your taste and your health at the same time. However, at your home, you can be precautionary and use lesser oil and sweetening agents. For other Holi snacks, you can also make oats idli. Low calorie cane, fenugreek pakoras or browns of multi-grain grains can also be picked up.
Heart patients - Keep these things in mind
· Be careful with your menu, as, at the time of Holi, number of sweets like, Bundi laddoo, Gujia, fried things are on top of the feast. All of these items have a high amount of trans fat which suddenly increases heart rate and blood pressure.
· Those who have suffered a heart attack should minimize the intake of salt. It is very important to take care of the patients with Diabetes. Keep a constant check at your sugar levels. If the amount of insulin increases in the body, in turn, it is a risk for your life.
· Though you can always have your favourite dishes with some care and right medication.
People suffering from respiratory problems like Asthma have to face a lot of problem in the festive season. One should consume need lemon water which strengthens immunity with ample amount of Vitamin C. One can also keep drinking hot water.
To be on the safe side, one should thoroughly apply mustard oil on their ear, nose and skin and be protected against harmful colors.
-Rahul Kashyap, CEO- Goodways Fitness shared his valuable inputs on Holi diet.
Your support to NYOOOZ will help us to continue create and publish news for and from smaller cities, which also need equal voice as much as citizens living in bigger cities have through mainstream media organizations.