- Tuesday | 25th September, 2018
- Friday | 7th September, 2018
- Thursday | 2nd August, 2018
- Monday | 2nd July, 2018
- Friday | 29th June, 2018
Lifestyle and pollution can disturb the menstrual cycle and should always be checked out
Have you missed your period? Don`t panic or curse your partner immediately. There could be many other reasons for a missed or irregular period.
The natural cycle of weeping of the uterus on the loss of the baby, controlled by female hormones, is the regular natural change that occurs in a female body. But an irregular cycle or skipped period does not necessarily mean you have gone pregnant. It can also be a signal that something is isn’t quite right, with your hormones and such conditions gets diagnosed really late.
Lifestyle changes and environmental factors such as shift work can disturb the menstrual cycle but absent periods (amenorrhea), especially at the early age, should always be checked out.
1) Stress: This has a major impact on periods. High levels of stress hormones such as cortisol in body can interfere with menstrual hormone surges, resulting in delayed periods.
2) PCOS: A common lifestyle condition today, PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) is an endocrine disorder that has many symptoms including irregular periods. This can also lead to fertility issues and weight gain.
3) Excessive exercise: Working out too much can disrupt your hormones. Just like stress, it can impede ovulation.
4) Premature ovarian failure: If is a complete shutdown of the uterine cavity; premature ovarian failure or loss of normal function of the ovaries can also cause you to skip your periods
Your support to NYOOOZ will help us to continue create and publish news for and from smaller cities, which also need equal voice as much as citizens living in bigger cities have through mainstream media organizations.