Ahmedabad: 3.5-kg metal items removed from patient
| Wednesday | 14th August, 2019
The doctors said the man is suffering from 'acuphagia', a rare disorder which causes the person to eat metallic objects.
The youth was brought to the ENT department of Civil Hospital from Government Mental Hospital on August 9 with complaints of chest pain and trouble in breathing.
Upon an X-ray, the doctors found a three-inch pin in his right bronchus, which was removed through bronchoscopy.
He was then referred to the surgical ward where an X-ray of the abdomen revealed a bunch of foreign objects inside the abdomen.
He was admitted to the Government Mental Hospital where he has been staying for the past 3-4 years, with occasional breaks when he stays at home with his widowed mother.
Your support to NYOOOZ will help us to continue create and publish news for and from smaller cities, which also need equal voice as much as citizens living in bigger cities have through mainstream media organizations.
Stay updated with all the Ahmedabad Latest News headlines here. For more exclusive & live news updates from all around India, stay connected with NYOOOZ.