Summary: Aadhaar cards of all residents of Kanjasa village mention their date of birth as January 1. The village, with a population of over 10,000, feels cheated as they had to wait for a long time to get an Aadhaar card. The error would be corrected and new Aadhaar cards would be issued to villagers soon." The error came to light when teachers of the local government primary school visited the village to register the Aadhaar card number of each student, as mandated by the state government to track schoolgoing children in Uttar Pradesh.The village head, Ram Dulari said, "We have been intimated about the wrong date of birth on Aadhaar cards. ALLAHABAD: What would happen if one found out that the official date of birth of a person's father, mother, grandparents, children, uncle or even the neighbours was the same i.e; January 1.As bizarre as this sounds, for locals of Kanjasa village of Jasra block of Gurpur in Allahabad it is a reality.
Subscribe to Allahabad News
- Rains affect puja preparations in Cuttack
- MLA Pravat family, supporters allege foul play behind CBI arrest
- Bus ferrying school children mows down man, driver flees leaving behind children
- Delhi Congress workers to form human chain to protest high petrol, diesel prices
- Bandit Babuli Kol avoiding cell phone use to stay off police radar
- Cops can’t be private guards: Bombay HC asks government to review police protection cases