Water release jacks up Jayakwadi stock

  • | Tuesday | 12th September, 2023

Chhatrapati Sambhajinagar: Jayakwadi major irrigation project has been getting more water due to release of water from the upstream areas. The Jayakwadi dam was receiving water at the speed of around 13,000 cusecs by Monday morning and showing slightly improved storage of 34%, according to official data.The revival in rainfall condition in the upstream as well as in the catchment areas have resulted in increased inflow towards Jayakwadi dam. If more rain occurs, the dam level will be revived considerably, the irrigation department authorities said. The Paithan right bank canal system and the left bank canal System of Jayakwadi dam were releasing water at the speed of 700 cusecs and 300 cusecs respectively, providing water for irrigation among other needs.The dam, which is the lifeline of Marathwada, had been overflowing during the corresponding period last year, but filled to nearly one-third of live storage capacity this year due to the weak run of monsoon, the authorities said. Meanwhile, after nearly three rainy days, no major rainfall activity was observed in Marathwada till Monday morning. As per the official forecast, there are very likely chances of light rain over the next two days in several parts of the region. Marathwada, comprising eight districts, has received 455 mm of rainfall so far since June 1, which is nearly 80% of expected showers, leaving a monsoon deficiency of 20%, according to official data.

If You Like This Story, Support NYOOOZ

NYOOOZ SUPPORTER

NYOOOZ FRIEND

Your support to NYOOOZ will help us to continue create and publish news for and from smaller cities, which also need equal voice as much as citizens living in bigger cities have through mainstream media organizations.


Stay updated with all the Latest Aurangabad headlines here. For more exclusive & live news updates from all around India, stay connected with NYOOOZ.

Related Articles

Water release jacks up Jayakwadi stock
  • Tuesday | 12th September, 2023