K'taka: Lizard in food, 6 taken ill at boys’ home

  • | Tuesday | 1st January, 2019

After checkup, they were kept under observation,” said the resident medical officer of the health facility.Of the six children, three were diagnosed with gastroenteritis . “We, then, rushed the children to a nearby hospital,” the director told TOI, adding that an investigation will be conducted into the incident. Officers from the department of women and child development on Monday conducted a preliminary inquiry into the incident.“Six children were diagnosed with food poisoning, and the rest panicked. All of them will be discharged soon,” said the resident medical officer of the health facility.According to Tanusree Debbarma, director (child protection), department of women and child development, a child spotted the lizard in the sambar served for dinner around 8.30pm on Sunday. BENGALURU: After a lizard was found in the dinner served at Bala Mandir, the Karnataka government’s boys’ observation home at Hombegowda Nagar, 103 children were rushed to hospital on Sunday night.Officers in charge of the observation home said many children complained of stomachache and vomiting following which they were taken to Indira Gandhi Institute of Child Health in Siddapura.

Read Full Article Here

If You Like This Story, Support NYOOOZ

NYOOOZ SUPPORTER

NYOOOZ FRIEND

Your support to NYOOOZ will help us to continue create and publish news for and from smaller cities, which also need equal voice as much as citizens living in bigger cities have through mainstream media organizations.


Stay updated with all the Bangalore Latest News headlines here. For more exclusive & live news updates from all around India, stay connected with NYOOOZ.

Related Articles