HUBBALLI: A 70-year-old woman died and 11 people were hospitalized after drinking water poisoned with pesticide in two villages of Yadgir district on Thursday.
Police said four teams have been formed to nab the criminals.Teggihalli and Shakapur get drinking water through a pipeline from a well in Mudnur village twice or thrice a week.
Police said some miscreants had mixed pesticide into a valve junction through which water reaches Teggihalli and Shakapur villages of Surpur taluk from a well 7km away.
The incident spread panic, coming weeks after pesticide in prasadam killed 17 people in Sulwadi in Chamarajanagar district.Soon after drinking the water, villagers complained of stomach ache and vomiting.
About 11 villagers were vomiting and complained of stomach ache and were admitted to Kembhavi hospital.
Your support to NYOOOZ will help us to continue create and publish news for and from smaller cities, which also need equal voice as much as citizens living in bigger cities have through mainstream media organizations.
Stay updated with all the Bangalore Latest News headlines here. For more exclusive & live news updates from all around India, stay connected with NYOOOZ.