Summary: The anonymous messaging app Sarahah is going viral over the internet. Available on Google App store and iOS app store, the app has managed to get over 50 lakh downloads. Having questions like, how to use it? How does it work? Get answers to all your questions here.
The web always finds something to talk about. The newbie in the town is called Sarahah. Millions of web users have found the Sarahah app popping up on their Facebook feeds. If you are a social media freak, you would have probably heard and got notifications from it. You can download this app for both Android and iOS users. It is available on Google Play Store as well as on App Store. Cortsey its addictive nature, in no time the app has managed to get over 50 lakh downloads.
If you still don’t know about this trending stuff, NYOOOZ can help you out.
What is Sarahah app?
It is an anonymous messaging app that lets you send messages to any random person who has installed this app. To find a person you want to text, you need to know their email address or user ID. Since the app is based on anonymity the search option is comparatively not as good as Facebook or Twitter.
It was first introduced as a website by Zain al-Abidin Tawfiq a developer from Saudi Arabia and then transformed it into an App. Like the website, the app also created a buzz among social media enthusiasts.
The app was largely used by people who wanted to confess something but didn’t want to reveal their identity.
What are the cons of Sarahah app?
With everything that new, fun and anonymous netizens find something mischievous to do with it. Some reports claimed that people went on with cyber bullying, misusing the app. Since the sender`s ID cannot be known people have been using it to send racist remarks and death threats. Amidst threatening messages people are also using it for goofing up around their friends and having fun.
How to use the Sarahah App?
The app is simple to use.
1. Download it from Google App store or iOS app store.
2. Upon installation, register your email ID along with your name and password.
3. You get a Sarahah link, which could be shared on your social media profiles.
4. Now you’re ready to send and receive messages, but you can’t reply them.
Though the app makers are trying to incorporate the feature where you could respond to the messages.
So, now you can fool your friends with funny messages and have fun, but keep in mind that you don’t hurt anybody’s sentiments.
Subscribe to Bengaluru News
- Latha Rajinikanth’s Ashram school locked by landlord for ‘non-payment of dues’
- Madhya Pradesh BJP to celebrate Amit Shah’s 3-day visit, says Nandkumar Singh
- Parents who don’t get kids vaccinated to be sued
- Man booked for fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 23.98 lakh
- Eight-year-old returning home from Janmashtami celebration falls into open manhole, dies
- AMU to probe altercation between teacher and student