Summary: Born at the Chhatbir lion safari, Rocky was said to be around 25 years. At present, there are only four young lions – one male and three female at the Chhatbir zoo. He was born in the lion safari at a time when the zoo had more than 85 lions. Rocky, who was a cross breed of African and Asiatic lion species, was the last Asiatic-African hybrid lion of the zoo. Rocky, the oldest lion at the Mahendra Chaudhary Zoological Park, died on Sunday.
Rocky, the oldest lion at the Mahendra Chaudhary Zoological Park, died on Sunday. Born at the Chhatbir lion safari, Rocky was said to be around 25 years. The normal lifespan of a lion in captivity is 18-20 years.
He was born in the lion safari at a time when the zoo had more than 85 lions. Early in 2016, a plan to determine Rocky’s exact age by testing his blood or bone marrow samples was under consideration, but was never implemented. Watch what else is making news: According to the zoo authorities, he had developed cataract in both eyes. Because of his age, his teeth were completely worn out and his canines had flattened.
Subscribe to Chandigarh News
- KCF to play friends for Haj pilgrims from Karnataka, India in Saudi Arabia
- Production house set to prop real talent in world of reel
- Delhi Police takes up serious issues with a pinch of humour
- Organising panel constituted to hold 'March for Science’ in Thiruvananthapuram on August 9
- Delhi's Town Hall Restoration: NDMC Likely To Float Tender By Next Week
- How 'Toxic' Is Delhi's Air? Study Sheds Light