Woman dies, 3 injured in fire after LPG leak

  • | Thursday | 12th July, 2018

Her husband K Ganesh, 33, said his mother Amalu, 50, was in critical condition with 41% burns.The young couple’s sixyear-old son Roshan (16%) and Ganesh’s 55-year-old father Kumar (13%) are receiving treatment for burn injuries. Police said the fire broke out at 6.15am, when Rekha tried to light the stove to make coffee. Roshan was asleep with his grandparents in the hall, Ganesh with the couple’s three-yearold daughter in a bedroom.“I heard a loud sound and got out of bed,” Ganesh told police. CHENNAI: A blaze fuelled by a cooking gas leak killed a 28-year-old woman and injured three members of her family, including her six-year-old son, in St Thomas Mount on Wednesday morning.Rekha, who sustained 93% burn injuries, died minutes after neighbours in Mathiyas Nagar got her to Kilpauk Medical College and Hospital by ambulance. “Fire had engulfed my wife and my father was trying to douse the flames.”After a fire and rescue services team doused the blaze, an officer said the gas cylinder in the house appeared to have started leaking the previous night.

Read Full Article Here

If You Like This Story, Support NYOOOZ

NYOOOZ SUPPORTER

NYOOOZ FRIEND

Your support to NYOOOZ will help us to continue create and publish news for and from smaller cities, which also need equal voice as much as citizens living in bigger cities have through mainstream media organizations.


Stay updated with all the Chennai Latest News headlines here. For more exclusive & live news updates from all around India, stay connected with NYOOOZ.

Related Articles

Chennai pharmacies run out of H1N1 vaccines
  • Wednesday | 21st November, 2018
Jayalalithaa had a 14 mm growth on heart valve
  • Wednesday | 21st November, 2018