DHARMAPURI: An elderly couple were charred to death near Thoppur in Dharmapuri district of Tamil Nadu in the early hours of Friday after their thatched roof house caught fire due to a suspected electric short circuit, police said.The deceased have been identified as Sell Perumal, 80, of Samysettipatty Sorangakuppanpudur village and his wife Muniammal, 70. They did not have children.On seeing the couple’s house on fire, neighbours alerted the Thoppur police. Further inquiries were on. The police and fire and rescue services personnel rushed to the spot and put out the fire after an hour’s struggle.They found the charred body of Muniammal in the house.Perumal, who was battling for life, was rushed to Government Medical College Hospital in Dharmapuri where doctors declared him dead.The police registered a case.
Your support to NYOOOZ will help us to continue create and publish news for and from smaller cities, which also need equal voice as much as citizens living in bigger cities have through mainstream media organizations.
Stay updated with all the Chennai Latest News headlines here. For more exclusive & live news updates from all around India, stay connected with NYOOOZ.