Summary: Nagar and Anna Nagar were considered for the cycle track project as both the neighbourhoods have wide roads and many educational institutions. Rajan Salai, Lakshmanswamy Salai, and Ramaswamy Salai in K.K. Rajan Salai and Jawaharlal Nehru Main Road, the 3.8 km-long cycle track has been encroached upon, by eateries. The concrete boulders that were constructed to prevent motorists from entering the cycle track are damaged or displaced at many points along the stretch. Nagar police has taken action against unauthorised parking,” says V. Suresh, a resident of K.K.
The city’s first bicycle track, which runs through P.T. Rajan Salai, Lakshmanswamy Salai, and Ramaswamy Salai in K.K. Nagar, is said to be all set for inauguration.
The nagging question is: Will the encroachments be gone by then? From the intersection of P.T. Rajan Salai and Jawaharlal Nehru Main Road, the 3.8 km-long cycle track has been encroached upon, by eateries. “Vehicles are parked on the track. Neither the Corporation nor the K.K.
Subscribe to Chennai News Read Full Story
- Coastal and Marine Biodiversity Centre naugurated in Airoli
- Two suspected 'cattle thieves' lynched in Assam's Nagaon
- Four killed, 43 injured in accidents
- Light rain in parts of Delhi, pleasant evening
- AAP crisis: Arvind Kejriwal says Kumar Vishwas his younger brother
- Odisha government to launch web portal for start-ups