Highway robbery case: Two surrender in Chennai court
| Friday | 11th January, 2019
Coimbatore: Two suspects in the highway robbery case surrendered in a magistrate court in Chennai on Thursday.Tamilselvan and Jayaprakash, both hailing from Vellore, surrendered before the metropolitan magistrate court -VII at George Town, police sources said.“We will get prisoner transit warrant from Coimbatore court and will bring them here.
We are confident of recovering the stolen ornaments from them,” the officer said.Police had found a car used by the gang abandoned near Madukkarai on Tuesday.
Most of the gang members hail from Vellore and Chennai, police sources said.
We plan to take the duo into custody for interrogation,” a senior police officer said.
“So far, we have identified eight people in connection with case.
Your support to NYOOOZ will help us to continue create and publish news for and from smaller cities, which also need equal voice as much as citizens living in bigger cities have through mainstream media organizations.
Stay updated with all the Coimbatore Latest News headlines here. For more exclusive & live news updates from all around India, stay connected with NYOOOZ.