Summary: Three middle-aged women — Babli (Ambujakshi Shankar), Frank (Sapna Umamaheswar) and KumKum (Monisha Mathur) — go on a weight-reduction regimen in Ooty. Supper theatre is more than just drama and food. While they are eating tasteless food and playing bridge, Frank invites her cousin, Lena ( Shilpa Shah), to stay with them. This is the venue for the two plays to be staged by The Coimbatore Book Club Theatre Group. The first play, Blind Destiny, has an ex-army man, Ajay (played by Somy Sridar) and his friend, Ravi (Karan Thacker) in conversation.
The small hall at the French Door looks inviting. There are neatly arranged chairs, a small stage and soft lighting by beautiful chandeliers. This is the venue for the two plays to be staged by The Coimbatore Book Club Theatre Group , As Reported By Hindu.
According to the Newspaper,As I wait in anticipation, the lights go off and the show begins. The first play, Blind Destiny, has an ex-army man, Ajay (played by Somy Sridar) and his friend, Ravi (Karan Thacker) in conversation. Ajay has lost his eyesight in a war and is trying to come to terms with it. Nimmi (Priyankaa Jain), the girl Ajay is in love with, visits them.
Subscribe to Coimbatore News
- Alliance for Social Justice sweeps HCU students union elections
- Economy has hit rock bottom, can only revive from here, says Gurumurthy
- TRB exam today as HC vacates stay
- Once-in-five-days water supply in Coimbatore: Velumani
- An awareness drive to sensitise Bareilly about road safety rules
- 5 more sheikhs held for having links with tainted qazi