NMA Schedules Webinar on Martyrdom day of Syama Prasad Mukherjee
| Sunday | 20th June, 2021
NMA is organizing a webinar on the martyrdom day of Dr. Syama Prasad Mukherjee.
Syama Prasad Mukherjee, the man holding several reasons for his appreciable deeds during his life. An Indian politician, barrister, and academician, during the Ministry of Jawaharlal Nehru. Mukherjee demanded the partition of Bengal in 1946 to prevent the inclusion of its Hindu-majority areas in a Muslim-dominated East Pakistan.
He left the Indian National Congress due to a difference of opinion with the then-Prime Minister Dr. Jawaharlal Nehru on Jammu and Kashmir issues and he co-founded Janata Party in the year 1977-1979, which later on turned to Bhartiya Janata Party.
Mukherjee strongly stood against Article 370, seeing it as a threat to national unity. He fought against it inside and outside the parliament with one of the goals of Bhartiya Jana Sangh being its abrogation. He passed away arrested by the Jammu and Kashmir State police for entering the state without a permit, under mysterious circumstances.
The National Monuments Authority under the Ministry of Culture and Government of India, on the martyrdom day of Dr. Syama Prasad Mukherjee, has organized a webinar on 23rd June 2021. The Topic on the webinar is set as ‘Monuments of Culture & Patriotism’.
The speakers to join are:
1. Dr. Jitendra Singh, Union Minister of State for Development of NER and MoS PMO, Minister of State in M/o Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, Minister of State in Department of Atomic Energy, and Minister of State in the Department of Space.
2. Shri R.K. Mathur, Hon’ble Lt. Governor, Ladakh
3. Shri Thupstan Chhewang, Hon’ble President, Ladakh Buddhist Association, Leh
4. Shri Tarun Vijay, Chairman, National Monuments Authority (NMA)
5. Shri T.J. Alone, Jt. Director-General, ASI
6. Dr. Sanjay Manjul, Jt. Director General, ASI
The Timing for the event is, 3 PM to 4 pm which will be added with the Prime Minister clip paying homage to Syama Prasad.
Your support to NYOOOZ will help us to continue create and publish news for and from smaller cities, which also need equal voice as much as citizens living in bigger cities have through mainstream media organizations.
Stay updated with all the Delhi Latest News headlines here. For more exclusive & live news updates from all around India, stay connected with NYOOOZ.