Subscribe to
Delhi News

Trauma center fire: 'It was difficult to breathe, I feared for my life'

  • Trauma center fire: 'It was difficult to breathe, I feared for my life'

    Summary: Watching his brother Arvind Shukla, 35, on the fifth floor of the Trauma Centre was a priceless moment for Ramnaresh of Sitapur. Read more| KGMU fire: Yogi seeks report on loss of livesShivkaran, who was admitted on the third floor, said while shifting it was difficult to breathe. Ramnaresh rushed to the ward where his brother was admitted but did not find him. As he returned he saw a screaming crowd, smoke and then fire on the second floor. “Had shifting not been done swiftly, there could have been deaths due to shock and suffocation,” said Ajay Gupta of Hardoi.

    Careerz n Coursez

    Watching his brother Arvind Shukla, 35, on the fifth floor of the Trauma Centre was a priceless moment for Ramnaresh of Sitapur. Ramnaresh had left for some urgent work minutes before fire broke out in the building, where his brother was admitted to the neuro-surgery ward two day before, after a road accident. As he returned he saw a screaming crowd, smoke and then fire on the second floor. Ramnaresh rushed to the ward where his brother was admitted but did not find him. “I asked many people, including doctors and medical staff but no one could answer me.

    I was thinking why at all did I leave my brother,” he said, remembering those awful, anxious moments. After a hectic search in different sections of the campus, he finally found his brother on the fifth floor and he broke into tears. “I could not leave my brother for a few minutes when I found him,” he said. For many patients, recounting those two hours was a tedious task . They said due to heavy smoke it was difficult.

    Source: http://www.hindustantimes.com/lucknow/trauma-center-fire-it-was-difficult-to-breathe-i-feared-for-my-life/story-pYdT6oSG0pExayrWED2SsI.html


    Subscribe to Delhi News
Download the NYOOOZ app now