Gas leak caused Basisthapur fire stated Assam Disaster Management Department

  • | Saturday | 25th January, 2020

STAFF REPORTERGUWAHATI: The Assam Disaster Management Department on Friday stated that the fire that took place at Basisthapur area in Survey was due to a gas leakage from the kitchen. Director of Disaster Management Y K Goutam said that in three burners were found open in the four-burner gas stove inside the kitchen. He added that there was no short circuit and the fire occurred after gas leaked from the cylinder through the opened burners of the stove. The bodies of both the deceased children were directly taken from GMCH (Guwahati Medical College and Hospital) to the crematorium. Also Read: Two children killed after fire broke out at residence in BasisthapurAlso Watch: AASU Activists waved Black Flag at Assam Minister Pijush Hazarika's Convoy

Read Full Article Here

If You Like This Story, Support NYOOOZ

NYOOOZ SUPPORTER

NYOOOZ FRIEND

Your support to NYOOOZ will help us to continue create and publish news for and from smaller cities, which also need equal voice as much as citizens living in bigger cities have through mainstream media organizations.


Stay updated with all the Latest Guwahati headlines here. For more exclusive & live news updates from all around India, stay connected with NYOOOZ.

Related Articles