Elephant dies after electrocution in Assam"s Nandanpur

  • | Tuesday | 16th November, 2021

Guwahati, Nov 16 (PTI) A male elephant died on Tuesday due to electrocution after coming in contact with a live wire in Hojai district of Assam, officials said. The PRO to the Assam Forest Minister said in a communique that the incident took place at Nandanpur under Kapili Valley Range at around 4:30 am. "According to Divisional Forest Officer, Nagaon South Division, Hojai, a male elephant aged about 45 to 46 died on the spot after coming in contact with a live wire," he added. The post mortem of the jumbo has been conducted, the details of which are awaited, the PRO said. In May this year, 18 elephants, including five calves, died due to accidental electrocution by lightning at the Kondoli proposed reserve forest, also known as Bamuni hill, under the Nagaon Forest Division. PTI TR JRC JRC

If You Like This Story, Support NYOOOZ



Your support to NYOOOZ will help us to continue create and publish news for and from smaller cities, which also need equal voice as much as citizens living in bigger cities have through mainstream media organizations.

Stay updated with all the Latest Guwahati headlines here. For more exclusive & live news updates from all around India, stay connected with NYOOOZ.

Related Articles