Summary: Repairing works are being carried out on war-footing, the official said.The Barak bridge is located along the Imphal-Jiribam highway and passes through the hill district of Tamenglong.The highway, considered as the second lifeline of the border state, assumed greater importance after a massive landslide at Viswema in neighbouring Nagaland cut off the major Imphal-Dimapur national highway. IMPHAL: The crucial Barak bridge located along the National Highway-102 collapsed this morning, cutting off land-locked Manipur from rest of the country, an official said.The bridge collapsed when a 10-wheeler goods-laden truck was crossing it, a transport department official said, adding that the structure was in a fragile condition since last night.This has left around 200 goods-laden trucks coming from Jiribam town to Imphal stranded.
Subscribe to Guwahati News
- Rains affect puja preparations in Cuttack
- MLA Pravat family, supporters allege foul play behind CBI arrest
- Bus ferrying school children mows down man, driver flees leaving behind children
- Delhi Congress workers to form human chain to protest high petrol, diesel prices
- Bandit Babuli Kol avoiding cell phone use to stay off police radar
- Cops can’t be private guards: Bombay HC asks government to review police protection cases