Bitten by snake, farmer carries reptile to hospital
| Friday | 4th January, 2019
He will be discharged by Friday,” said Dr DPS Tomar at the district hospital.
Doctors immediately provided him primary aid and his condition was stabilized.“We have provided him preliminary treatment for the snake bite and he is now out of danger.
KANPUR: A man on Wednesday sparked panic at the Kannauj district hospital when he turned up carrying a cobra snake , that had bit him while he was taking a nap in a temple close to his fields in Sadar Kotwali police station area of Kannauj district.Reports said Ram Kumar, 51, a resident of Chaurachandpur village in the district, initially panicked as the snake was poisonous.
However, he later trapped the reptile and rushed with it to the district hospital.According to witnesses, when the doctors at the district hospital asked him why did he bring along the snake with him, he said: “Going by the experience of fellow villagers wherein the doctors always inquired about the snake’s shape, size and colour before starting the treatment, I thought of trapping the snake and carried it along with me.”When he reached the hospital holding the snake, panic prevailed among the patients and visitors.
Your support to NYOOOZ will help us to continue create and publish news for and from smaller cities, which also need equal voice as much as citizens living in bigger cities have through mainstream media organizations.
Stay updated with all the Kanpur Live News headlines here. For more exclusive & live news updates from all around India, stay connected with NYOOOZ.