Elderly woman dies after fire breaks out in Rama hospital

  • | Thursday | 21st September, 2023

Kanpur: A major fire broke out at Rama Hospital in Mandhana area of the district on Wednesday. A 68-year-old patient, who was shifted to another hospital following the fire, died during treatment.The fire broke out in the dark room of the Ophthalmology department and within no time spread to other portions of the hospital. By the time the hospital staff could act, the fire had spread to a major portion including the ENT, skin, paediatrics, TB and chest departments of the hospital. The hospital staff alerted the fire station and police control room after which five fire tenders were requisitioned from different fire stations of the district. It took more that two hours of hard rigorous exercise to control the blaze. As the fire spread to a major portion of the hospital, the building was evacuated and the patients were shifted to safer places. Patients with severe complications in Intensive Care Unit and other wards were shifted to Rama Dental Hospital in Lakhanpur area of the city by ambulances equipped with Advanced Life Support System (ALS). However, one patient identified as Lakshmi Devi, a resident of Saklan village in Safipur area of Unnao died during treatment after being shifted.Additional deputy commissioner of police (West) Lakhan Singh said that the police are investigating the circumstances under which the elderly woman died.Preliminary findings have revealed that the elderly died during the treatment when she was shifted from the Rama Hospital, said ADCP , adding that the fire has been doused completely.We also published the following articles recentlyGovt eases fire NOC norms for hospitalsThe state government in Jaipur has relaxed the requirement for hospitals to obtain a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the fire department. Previously, hospitals needed to renew their fire safety certificates every year, but now they will only need to do so once every five years. The Indian Medical Association (IMA) had made this demand, and it has been accepted by the government. Hospitals without beds or with certain specifications will not require any fire safety certification.Short circuit in AC unit triggers fire at hospitalA fire caused panic at Rani Lakshmi Bai Hospital in Lucknow due to a short circuit in an AC unit. The fire was controlled quickly, and no injuries were reported. The incident disrupted hospital operations for an hour. Patients and staff were evacuated, and no structural damage occurred. The hospital plans to replace the AC unit. In other news, a 19-year-old man died from burn injuries sustained in a car accident in Mumbai, hospitals in Delhi are seeing a surge in dengue patients, and doctors at KIMS in Hubballi organized a blood donation camp.Pvt hospital sealed after woman diesA private hospital in Firozabad, Uttar Pradesh, has been sealed by the government after a woman allegedly died due to negligence during delivery. In another incident, a pharmacist in Hardoi was removed from his position for dancing outside the labour room. The chief medical officer has been instructed to register a case against the hospital and the patients have been shifted to the district hospital. The hospitals registration will be cancelled after a week-long investigation.

If You Like This Story, Support NYOOOZ



Your support to NYOOOZ will help us to continue create and publish news for and from smaller cities, which also need equal voice as much as citizens living in bigger cities have through mainstream media organizations.

Stay updated with all the Kanpur Live News headlines here. For more exclusive & live news updates from all around India, stay connected with NYOOOZ.

Related Articles