Chair manufacturing unit gutted in Bengal

  • | Monday | 11th February, 2019

KOLKATA: A major fire broke out at a plastic chair manufacturing unit at Ghola in North 24-Parganas district on Monday, a fire brigade official said.The fire, which broke out at noon, was still raging with black smokes spreading to a neighbouring residential area, triggering panic among the people.There was no news of any person being trapped or injured in the incident, even as firemen were searching if there was anybody inside the unit.Fire Brigade sources said that 25 fire tenders were pressed into service to douse the flames at the manufacturing unit.Fire minister Sujit Bose and director general of fire services Jagmohan were superivising the operations at the spot.Since a huge quantity of plastic and other inflammable articles were stored in the premises, the firemen were having a tough time to control the flame, the police said.

Read Full Article Here

If You Like This Story, Support NYOOOZ

NYOOOZ SUPPORTER

NYOOOZ FRIEND

Your support to NYOOOZ will help us to continue create and publish news for and from smaller cities, which also need equal voice as much as citizens living in bigger cities have through mainstream media organizations.


Stay updated with all the Kolkata Latest News headlines here. For more exclusive & live news updates from all around India, stay connected with NYOOOZ.

Related Articles