Garbage fumes make pockets of south Kolkata gasp for breath
| Tuesday | 12th February, 2019
KOLKATA: Fumes from garbage set on fire have been troubling areas near the Dhapa dumping ground for long.
On Sunday, garbage was set on fire around noon and the locals had to call the fire brigade to douse the flames.
We must realise that many of our more serious problems will take care of themselves if we can sort out the local issues.
Not only on Sunday, garbage is often set on fire here.
TimesView Civic agencies often miss the local problems while trying to make sense of the bigger picture.
Your support to NYOOOZ will help us to continue create and publish news for and from smaller cities, which also need equal voice as much as citizens living in bigger cities have through mainstream media organizations.
Stay updated with all the Kolkata Latest News headlines here. For more exclusive & live news updates from all around India, stay connected with NYOOOZ.