Kolkata: Parking of bikes at the narrow entrance and near the meter box allegedly came up as a major cause that acted as a catalyst for the flames to spread fast in the building.
Soon after the electrical short circuit near the meter box, the residents heard a loud sound of an explosion.
But, later the residents realised that it was the fuel tanks of two wheelers parked near the meter box at the narrow entrance of the building had exploded.
Allegations of selling space at the narrow entrance to park two-wheelers have also cropped up.
But other section of the residents had been showing reservation on the parking of bikes at the entrance.