Man electrocuted as Chinese manjha of his kite touches power line

  • | Wednesday | 17th February, 2021

 30-year-old man in UP`s Saharanpur district was suspected to have been electrocuted on Tuesday when the Chinese manjha (string) of the kite he was flying touched a power line.

 30-year-old man in UP`s Saharanpur district was suspected to have been electrocuted on Tuesday when the Chinese manjha (string) of the kite he was flying touched a power line.

The Chinese manjha, coated with glass and metal dust, is a good conductor of electricity. The sale and use of the Chinese manjha has been banned by the National Green Tribunal and UP government. However, people continue to use it.

The deceased was identified as Azeem, a resident of Nai basti area in the city. The electric jolt rendered him unconscious. He was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was declared brought dead.
“Azeem was at his friend’s place and they were flying kites when the incident happened. It is suspected that he was electrocuted but the real cause of death will be ascertained only after the post-mortem report comes. Investigation is underway,” said Vineet Bhatnagar, Saharanpur superintendent of police (city).


If You Like This Story, Support NYOOOZ

NYOOOZ SUPPORTER

NYOOOZ FRIEND

Your support to NYOOOZ will help us to continue create and publish news for and from smaller cities, which also need equal voice as much as citizens living in bigger cities have through mainstream media organizations.


Stay updated with all the Meerut Latest News headlines here. For more exclusive & live news updates from all around India, stay connected with NYOOOZ.

Related Articles