Three of family injured in domestic gas explosion

  • | Thursday | 28th September, 2023

Nashik: Three of a family sustained burn injuries following a gas explosion at their residence in Uttamnagar locality of CIDCO area at 6.15am on Wednesday. The owner of the house, Tushar Jagtap (34), his mother Sobha (65) and Tushars father-in-law, Balkrishna Sutar (68), have been admitted to a private hospital. Police said Tushars condition is serious as he sustained over 80% burn injuries. Senior police inspector of Ambad station Promod Wagh said Sobha gave a statement to the police outlining the turn of events that led to the explosion.She put the tea kettle on the gas stove and turned on the knob to make tea. But she was not finding the match box to light the stove. She went to look for the match box and then started doing other household chores. After over 10 minutes, she suddenly realised the gas was on. When she lit the matchstick, the explosion took place, said Wagh. According to the neighbours, there was an ear-deafening sound from Tushars residence. I had just woken up when I heard the noise. We got scared. I rushed to Tushars residence and saw three of them lying on the floor. Tushar was unconscious and the other two victims were writhing in pain. There were blood stains on the floor, recalled a neighbour, Vishal Dokhe. He said the window panes were broken and clothes were burnt. We immediately informed the local police and called an ambulance to shift them to the hospital. Fortunately, there was no fire, he added. Tushars house is two-storied, and the victims were on the ground floor when the explosion took place. Tushar works in an industrial unit. His wife is presently in the hospital as she is suffering from dengue. His four-year-old son is also in the hospital with his mother. Tushars father-in-law had recently come to Nashik from Gujarat due to his daughters medical condition.We also published the following articles recentlyGas stove explosion in Nashik leaves three of a family injuredThree members of a family in Nashik, India, sustained burn injuries after an explosion in their homes gas stove. The incident happened in the Uttamnagar locality of the CIDCO in the early morning. The homeowner, Tushar Jagtap, his mother, Sobha, and his father-in-law, Balkrishna Sutar, were all hospitalized. Tushars condition is critical with over 80% burns. The explosion occurred when Sobha lit a matchstick after leaving the gas knob on for more than 10 minutes. Neighbors heard a loud noise and rushed to help the injured family members.At least 20 dead in gas station explosion as Nagorno-Karabakh residents flee to ArmeniaA gas station explosion in Nagorno-Karabakh has resulted in at least 20 deaths and nearly 300 injuries, according to separatist authorities. Thirteen bodies have been recovered, while seven people died from their injuries. The incident has led to the hospitalization of 290 individuals, with many in critical condition. The explosion coincides with a significant exodus of Nagorno-Karabakh residents to Armenia following Azerbaijans recent military operation to regain control of the region.House where explosion blew off roof had illegal cracker unitAn illegal firecracker unit was operating in a house in Loni, India, where an explosion caused the roof to collapse and bury seven people. Three teenagers have died, and four others are receiving treatment. Police have arrested a man suspected of running the illegal factory, but it is unclear if the explosion was caused by a gas cylinder or the firecrackers being made. Investigations are ongoing, and if evidence of an illegal factory is found, the owners could face legal action.

If You Like This Story, Support NYOOOZ



Your support to NYOOOZ will help us to continue create and publish news for and from smaller cities, which also need equal voice as much as citizens living in bigger cities have through mainstream media organizations.

Stay updated with all the Latest Nashik headlines here. For more exclusive & live news updates from all around India, stay connected with NYOOOZ.

Related Articles