Summary: With the victory, Pakistan became the fourth team to win all three ICC World title- World Cup, Champions Trophy and World T20.
The underdog Pakistan defeated defending champions by 180 runs at the Oval to clinch their first Champions Trophy title. The 180 runs victory for Pakistan was the biggest in the final of any ICC ODI event, the previous record was in Johannesburg in 2003 World Cup, where India lost to Australia by 125 runs.
The total of 338 by Pakistan is their highest in any tournament final and their second highest in an ODI against India. Their highest against India is 344, but that was in a chase of 350.
With the victory, Pakistan became the fourth team to win all three ICC World title- World Cup, Champions Trophy and World T20.
Hardik Pandya broke Adam Gilchrist record of fastest fifty in an ICC ODI final by smashing 32 runs half century. While 45 runs scored by Zaman off R Ashwin is the most runs scored by any batsman of the Indian spinner in an ODI.
Subscribe to News
- Delhi High Court suggests airlifting Karol Bagh’s Hanuman statue
- Complaints galore during Lokayukta’s hearing in Udupi
- ‘The next decade belongs to India, do things differently’
- Campaign must against bike rallies that do not serve any purpose: DCP
- Full blast: A rocking weekend
- Pondicherry University library bags award