Summary: Now post Chhath, the company will launch a drive against power theft, said Ranjan.As per an estimate, nearly 60% of the available power was being stolen/consumed free. Gaya: Now that the festive season is over, India Power, the private company holding franchise for power distribution in Gaya town, Bodh Gaya and Manpur is all set to launch a drive against power thieves.A few days back, the company was pulled up by Gaya district magistrate Kumar Ravi for its failure to lodge FIR against the wrongdoers. In several cases, consumers resist the installation of electronic meters, said the power company official. According to India Power sources, as against the supply of 60 million units a month, the company was getting a revenue for only 22 million units. Company DGM Rakesh Ranjan said it was due to the festive season that we did not take any initiative.
Subscribe to Patna News
- Alliance for Social Justice sweeps HCU students union elections
- Economy has hit rock bottom, can only revive from here, says Gurumurthy
- TRB exam today as HC vacates stay
- Once-in-five-days water supply in Coimbatore: Velumani
- CSBC Bihar constable exam admit card 2017: Where and how to download
- An awareness drive to sensitise Bareilly about road safety rules