In an incident, a 38-year-old man died due to electrocution on a waterlogged road in Adajan on Thursday night.
After Gujarat received light to moderate showers in the past few days, cases of waterlogging is coming out to be a huge issue for the state.
In an incident, a 38-year-old man died due to electrocution on a waterlogged road in Adajan on Thursday night. His friend also felt an electric shock when they tried to pull Keyur Patel, who had collapsed on the road, out of water.
Patel was declared dead when shifted to a nearby hospital. The area where the incident took place has an underground electricity network of Dakshin Gujarat Vij Company Limited (DGVCL). It is yet not clear how Patel suffered electrocution.
Patel went to a friend’s shop near Bhandari Complex close in the vicinity of Gangeshwar Mahadev Temple in Adajan. He was riding a moped with his two friends when the incident took place. Patel, a father of two kids, ran a snacks shop.
Registering a case of accidental death, police have started the investigation. “The spot where the man got electrocuted was waterlogged. We will seek details from DGVCL to find out from where and how the electric current leaked,” said a police officer posted at Adajan police station.
DGVCL officials are yet to receive the details of the incident. Meanwhile, locals in Adajan complained of a power outage for over two hours on Thursday night.
Your support to NYOOOZ will help us to continue create and publish news for and from smaller cities, which also need equal voice as much as citizens living in bigger cities have through mainstream media organizations.
Stay updated with all the Latest Surat headlines here. For more exclusive & live news updates from all around India, stay connected with NYOOOZ.