Maha: Fire destroys furniture godown; no casualty

  • | Friday | 28th January, 2022

Thane, Jan 28 (PTI) A furniture godown was gutted in a major fire at Kasheli in Bhiwandi tehsil of Maharashtra"s Thane district in the wee hours of Friday, but nobody was injured in the incident, an official said. The fire broke out around 1.40 am at the godown located in Chamunda Compex, he said. Chief of the Thane civic body"s Regional Disaster Management Cell (RDMC), Santosh Kadam, said that after being alerted, two fire engines - one each of the Bhiwandi Nizampur City Municipal Corporation (BNCMC) and Thane Municipal Corporation (TMC) - along with a team of the RDMC rushed to the spot and launched a firefighting operation. The cause of fire is being ascertained, he said. PTI COR NP NP


If You Like This Story, Support NYOOOZ

NYOOOZ SUPPORTER

NYOOOZ FRIEND

Your support to NYOOOZ will help us to continue create and publish news for and from smaller cities, which also need equal voice as much as citizens living in bigger cities have through mainstream media organizations.


Stay updated with all the Latest Thane headlines here. For more exclusive & live news updates from all around India, stay connected with NYOOOZ.

Related Articles