The 14th edition of IPL commenced with a super exciting opening match between MI vs RCB as the winner was decided on the last ball of the final over of the match. Mumbai lost their first match for the 9th consecutive year.
The 14th edition of IPL commenced with a super exciting opening match between MI vs RCB as the winner was decided on the last ball of the final over of the match. Defending champions Mumbai Indians suffered a two-wicket defeat at the hands of RCB.
Mumbai lose their first match for the 9th consecutive year, Rohit said - winning the championship is important, not the first match
Here the 6 Interesting Records That Were Broken In MI vs RCB Match:
1. This is the first time that RCB has won in the opener match of IPL. RCB had earlier played the first match of the season in 2008, 2017 and 2019 as well, but had to face defeat every time.
2. Harshal Patel became the first bowler in IPL history to take five wickets against Mumbai Indians.
3. Harshal Patel also broke the record for taking the highest wickets against Mumbai Indians in one match, breaking Rohit Sharma's (then a Deccan Chargers Player) twelve years old record when he took 4 wickets by giving just 6 runs in the 32nd Match of IPL 2009 edition.
4. Virat Kohli became the first player to score 6000 T20 runs as captain.
5. RCB Captain Virat Kohli also broke the record for scoring most IPL runs while chasing.
6. Glenn Maxwell hit a six in IPL after 2 years Since 2018, no six was seen in the tournament with Maxwell's bat. Last season, he could not hit a single six while playing for Kings XI Punjab.