WWE Summerslam is considered to be the biggest Pay Per View after Wrestlemania. Athletes from both Raw and Smackdown will be taking part in the event that will run for nearly five hours. This year’s event has a number of interesting matches but nothing can match the excitement for the fatal 4 way match which includes the likes of Brock Lesnar, Braun Strowman, Samoa Joe and Roman Reigns.
WWE Summerslam is considered to be the biggest Pay Per View after Wrestlemania. Athletes from both Raw and Smackdown will be taking part in the event that will run for nearly five hours. This year’s event has a number of interesting matches but nothing can match the excitement for the fatal 4 way match which includes the likes of Brock Lesnar, Braun Strowman, Samoa Joe and Roman Reigns. Champion Lesnar is at a major disadvantage in this match as he does not need to be involved to decide the eventual winner.
The Indian fans will also be excited for the fight between Jinder Mahal and Japanese wrestler Shinsuke Nakamura. Indian origin wrestler, Jinder Mahal also known as Yuvraj Singh Dhesi won the WWE Title back in May by defeating Randy Orton.
For the first time, WWE Network will be streaming SummerSlam live in Hindi. Shezi Sardar and Obaid Kadwani will call the action live from ringside. “As we continue to place an emphasis on international growth, offering a customized version of SummerSlam to our fans in India was a priority. This is another step in our ongoing strategy to create localized WWE Network content for our fans around the world.”, said Michelle Wilson, WWE chief revenue and marketing officer.
Lets take a glance at Jinder Mahal’s journey-
Jinder Mahal’s (aka Yuvraj Singh Dhesi) parents immigrated to the United States from Punjab, India and then settled in Canada. His uncle, Gama Singh also performed in the 1980s in Calgary’s Stampede Wrestling. Mahal began his professional wrestling career at the Martial Arts Fitness Center in Calgary, Alberta and later spent time in Prairie Wrestling Alliance and Great North Wrestling (GNW). Mahal arrived at the WWE in 2011 and spent three years as mostly enhancement talent but was released in 2014, and started dabbling in real estate. He rededicated himself and embraced an extreme training regimen, ending up getting a call from WWE once again in 2016.
WWE Summerslam matches:
1. WWE Cruiserweight Champion Akira Tozawa vs Neville (SummerSlam Kickoff Match)
2. The Hardy Boyz & Jason Jordan vs The Miz & The Miztourage (Kickoff Match)
3. WWE Champion Jinder Mahal vs Shinsuke Nakamura
4. John Cena vs Baron Corbin
5. Randy Orton vs Rusev
6. Big Show vs Big Cass (with Enzo Amore suspended above the ring in a Shark Cage)
7. “The Demon” Finn Bálor vs. Bray Wyatt
8. SmackDown Tag Team Champions The New Day vs. The Usos (Kickoff Match)
9. United States Champion AJ Styles vs Kevin Owens (Shane McMahon as special guest referee)
10.Raw Tag Team Champions Cesaro & Sheamus vs Dean Ambrose & Seth Rollins
11. Raw Women’s Champion Alexa Bliss vs Sasha Banks
12. SmackDown Women’s Champion Naomi vs Natalya