The Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY Exam) is a popular and best fellowship for encouraging the young and talented students to create a research career in Science. Here is everything you need to know about the exam.
In recent years, research career has emerged as one of the most lucrative career options. If you have decided to step in this direction, it’s time that you start looking for prominent centers dealing with the same stream. The Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY Exam) is a popular and best fellowship for encouraging the young and talented students to create a research career in Science. Here is everything you need to know about the exam.
What is KVPY Exam?
Funded by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is a National Program of Fellowship in Basic Sciences. The program was started by the Department in 1999 to encourage extraordinarily talented students to chase a research career in Science. Students from all over the country are selected via entrance exams. The selected ones are given a scholarship and contingency grants up to the Pre-PH. D level. Additionally, KVPY is managed by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) which makes it more attractive for the students across the country.
According to the program, the selected students are given fellowships on the basis of their courses and year in which they are enrolled in. Refer to the table below:
· The applicants must have Indian citizenship.
· For SA Stream: The applicants should have completed their 10th standard with Science and Mathematics. Furthermore, their score needs to be at least 80% aggregate in the qualifying examination. For students with SC/ST/PWD, the required score is 70%.
· For Stream SX: The applicants must have completed 10th class with minimum 80% score with Science and Mathematics as their subjects. In addition, they should have qualified the 10+2 examination with at least 60 % marks in Science Stream. For students with SC/ST/PWD, the required score is 50%.
· For Stream SB: The applicants must have completed their 10th class with 60% marks in 10+2 examinations with at least 60% marks or 50% arks for SC/ST/PWD. Moreover, the students also need to complete their 1st year final examination by securing 60% marks. For SC/ST/PWD, the required score is 50%.
Note: Students who are pursuing under graduation via Distance Learning or correspondence, are not eligible for KVPY Exam.
There are two levels one needs to qualify to avail the fellowship:
Aptitude Test: Once the candidate fills the application form, they will be called for an aptitude test which is conducted across the country at different centers.
· The medium of language is both Hindi and English and the candidate can choose one as per their requirement.
· The duration of the exam is three hours.
· The admit card can be downloaded from the official website of Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY).
Interview: Based on the performance in the aptitude test, the selected students are then called for an interview, which is also the final stage of the KVPY selection process.
Though the important dates for the year 2018 have not been revealed yet, candidates can check the tentative dates for further preparation:
July-August- Month of Notification:
First Sunday of November- Month of KVPY Aptitude Test
Moreover, important notifications and advertisements for KVPY appear in all the national newspapers on the Technology day (May 11), and on the second Sunday of July every year.
For the annual renewal of the KVPY Fellowship, the students have to maintain a good academic performance in their respective course. Aside from the scholarships, KVPY fellow are also given the chance to be a part of various summer camps organized in renowned research institutes across the country.
Your support to NYOOOZ will help us to continue create and publish news for and from smaller cities, which also need equal voice as much as citizens living in bigger cities have through mainstream media organizations.
Source :NYOOOZ DESK