Annual returns filing under GST to be a tall task

  • | Monday | 12th August, 2019

Filling of annual returns under Goods and Services Tax (GST) will be a tall task, feel tax practitioners. The figures of returns filed by the central government indicate that only 17% of returns for the financial year 2017-18 have been filed in over five months, with only three weeks left, they wonder how the remaining 83% returns will be filed. Businessmen under regular GST have to file annual return GSTR-9, while dealers who have opted Composition Scheme by paying lump-sum tax need to file GSTR-9A. He blames the problems in filing returns to complicated provisions and so extending the deadlines will not work. The deadline for filing of Income Tax Returns has also been extended to August 31, overlapping with GSTR annual returns, which has made things more difficult, feel tax payers.

Read Full Article Here

If You Like This Story, Support NYOOOZ

NYOOOZ SUPPORTER

NYOOOZ FRIEND

Your support to NYOOOZ will help us to continue create and publish news for and from smaller cities, which also need equal voice as much as citizens living in bigger cities have through mainstream media organizations.


Stay updated with all the Ahmedabad Latest News headlines here. For more exclusive & live news updates from all around India, stay connected with NYOOOZ.

Related Articles