Summary: Under the proposed MSME policy, these parks may be given special incentives. The government has decided to reserve Sanand and Khoraj GIDC estates and a proposed estate in Dholera SIR for MSMEs producing ancillary parts. "The government of India has given 22 industrial licenses for defence equipment and weapons manufacturing in Gujarat, one of the highest numbers in the country. Gandhinagar: The Gujarat government has decided to set-up defence parks, at the Sanand and Khoraj GIDCs, cumulatively spread over 1,500 hectares and proposed another estate in the Dholera SIR, for defence manufacturing MSMEs.A key official close to the development said: "Considering the possibility of developing the defence sector in the state in coming years, the state government has decided to develop three MSME parks in the state, reserved for ancillary suppliers to large defence manufacturers. The area earmarked at Sanand and Khoraj GIDCs is 1,500 hectares.
Subscribe to Ahmedabad News
- Latha Rajinikanth’s Ashram school locked by landlord for ‘non-payment of dues’
- Madhya Pradesh BJP to celebrate Amit Shah’s 3-day visit, says Nandkumar Singh
- Parents who don’t get kids vaccinated to be sued
- Man booked for fraudulent withdrawal of Rs 23.98 lakh
- Eight-year-old returning home from Janmashtami celebration falls into open manhole, dies
- AMU to probe altercation between teacher and student