Summary: According to government officials, Gujarat is receiving curtailed supply from Adani Power Limited (APL), Essar Power Gujarat Limited (EPGL), and Tata group's Coastal Gujarat Power Limited (CGPL), which provide electricity to GUVNL under long-term power purchase agreements. "Although power supply from Tata Power and Essar Power Gujarat has been curtailed on technical grounds, APL has discontinued 1,250MW of power supply saying that expensive Indonesian coal was becoming unviable for the company, said sources privy to the development. AHMEDABAD: With private power producers reducing supply to the state, Gujarat Urja Vikas Nigam Limited (GUVNL) has turned to the open market to procure electricity to deal with the shortage. "On an average, 15 MUs are being procured from the open market and the rest from state-run power plants. Earlier, GUVNL was not buying as much power from the open market.
Subscribe to Ahmedabad News
- Husband of deputy sarpanch booked: FIR filed for ‘stopping’ Dalit sarpanch from hoisting flag
- 17 arrested for assaulting Dalit sent to jail
- British team scouts for land, also weighs Jewar airport bid
- Transferred shares worth Rs 80L to his a/c, manager held
- Four men enter society, fire in air, guards catch one
- This Hyderabadi is Gifting Toilets to the Needy