Police were informed by a local resident, Arun Tiwari , and village sarpanch Premlal, both of whom were refuelling at the petrol pump.
Around 4.30pm, flames suddenly erupted in the bus and the kids were trapped.
BHOPAL: In a heart-wrenching incident, two little girls were charred to death when a rusted bus they were playing in caught fire mysteriously in Shahdol district of Madhya Pradesh on Wednesday evening.
Witnesses say there was a brief window when the fire and smoke weren't too fierce but it was lost.
Witnessed say they started pleading for help but passers-by and the pump staff dare not reach out.
Your support to NYOOOZ will help us to continue create and publish news for and from smaller cities, which also need equal voice as much as citizens living in bigger cities have through mainstream media organizations.
Stay updated with all the Bhopal Latest News headlines here. For more exclusive & live news updates from all around India, stay connected with NYOOOZ.