MHA says door to door survey suspended till screening in containment zones completed

  • | Tuesday | 30th June, 2020

New Delhi: With Delhi's containment zones rapidly rising every day as health officials in the Capital go about redrawing the boundaries of containment areas in line with the revised COVID-19 strategy for the city, the Ministry of Home Affairs has said that the door-to-door survey of all Delhi residents will be temporarily suspended so that screening in containment zones can be prioritised. As per the Delhi government's official health bulletin of Monday, the number of containment zones in the city had been increased to 435. Significantly, with the redrawing exercise having started, containment zones in Delhi have increased by 120 in just the last two days. As per Saturday's bulletin, Delhi had 315 containment zones. Sources in the MHA have said that officials involved in the door-to-door survey of nearly 35 lakh households in the city would now be redeployed for screening residents in containment zones so that this task can be completed by July 6, after which the door-to-door survey would resume.

Read Full Article Here

If You Like This Story, Support NYOOOZ

NYOOOZ SUPPORTER

NYOOOZ FRIEND

Your support to NYOOOZ will help us to continue create and publish news for and from smaller cities, which also need equal voice as much as citizens living in bigger cities have through mainstream media organizations.


Stay updated with all the Delhi Latest News headlines here. For more exclusive & live news updates from all around India, stay connected with NYOOOZ.

Related Articles