Wild fox dies after drinking from water near Bandhwari

  • | Friday | 7th August, 2020

new delhi: After a wild fox on Tuesday drank from water in the forest around the Bandhwari landfill site in Gurugram and died, environmentalists have once again raised an alarm of excessive and unmonitored dumping at the landfill site poisoning its natural environment. Officials here continued to maintain that all measures were being taken to ensure the safety of the underground water in the area. However, residents in nearby villages around landfill sites that include Bandhwari, Baliawas, Mangar have continued to raise objections over how the landfill site has been affecting their health. Since 2015, villagers claim that 150 people had lost their lives due to cancer in the surrounding villages. Gurugram's waste is now disposed of at a landfill site in Nuh, an adjoining district, under a temporary agreement with officials of both districts.

Read Full Article Here

Stay updated with all the Delhi Latest News headlines here. For more exclusive & live news updates from all around India, stay connected with NYOOOZ.

Related Articles