Fire guts 4-storey building with store and eatery in Ghaziabad

  • | Thursday | 28th February, 2019

GHAZIABAD: A massive fire broke out in a four-storey building in Kavi Nagar area around 7.30am on Wednesday. There is a departmental store (VDH store) on the ground and first floors, with the second floor used by the store as its warehouse.There was a well-known restaurant, Gola Sizzlers, on the third and fourth floors.An eyewitness said when the short circuit led to the fire in the electricity metre box, the building security guard tried to control it with a fire extinguisher, but failed. He then called the building’s owner, but by the time he had returned, the fire had gone out of control.Sunil Kumar Singh, chief fire officer of Ghaziabad, said eight fire tenders were rushed to the spot, two of which were requisitioned from Noida. Eyewitnesses said the fire broke owing to short circuit in the building’s power metre box, and within 10 minutes, the fire engulfed the building.According to the fire rescue department, as soon as the fire broke out, a security guard informed cops, and fire tenders and cops reached the spot within 10 minutes.The building belongs to Ghaziabad resident Harpreet Singh. Fortunately, nobody was injured.“It took over four hours to control the flames, due to the flammable material used to decorate the building’s interiors, including furniture in the restaurant,” Singh said.Owner Harpreet Singh said, “I received a call from the security guard in the morning that fumes were coming out of the metre box, which he had failed to to control.

Read Full Article Here

If You Like This Story, Support NYOOOZ



Your support to NYOOOZ will help us to continue create and publish news for and from smaller cities, which also need equal voice as much as citizens living in bigger cities have through mainstream media organizations.

Stay updated with all the Ghaziabad Latest News headlines here. For more exclusive & live news updates from all around India, stay connected with NYOOOZ.

Related Articles