3-year-old burnt alive in fire mishap in Deoria

  • | Monday | 8th April, 2024

A three-year-old child who had come to his maternal grandparents house was burnt alive in a fire that broke out in a hut in Pakdi Narhiya locality of Bankata in Deoria district on Sunday morning. The sub-divisional magistrate and other officials, who reached the spot, consoled the family and also provided financial help and other items. After the innocent child was burnt alive, the family was in a state of shock. Rajesh Prasad of Tarwara Mod in Siwan district of neighbouring Bihar state, has his in-laws at Dudhnaths place in Pakdi Narhiya of Bankata. Rajeshs wife Sarita had come to her maternal home with her three-year-old son Roshan last week. On Sunday morning, some members of the family went to harvest wheat and only a few people were at home. Roshan was also in the hut. Suddenly, the hut caught fire. It is said that the family members ran out and started extinguishing the fire. No one had a clue that Roshan was trapped inside the hut. When people succeeded in extinguishing the fire and started searching for Roshan, his badly charred body was found lying inside the hut. All the residents and family members were shocked to learn about Roshans death. They informed the local police about the incident. SDM Harishankar Lal, Deputy Tehsildar Dr Bhagirathi Singh and other officers reached there. According to Bhatpar Rani SDM Harishankar Lal, the innocent child died due to fire. It could not be how the fire started. The family has been provided with other facilities including a tin shed. Meanwhile in Sultanpur, Bharatiya Janata Party zonal secretary Ramchandra Yadav (50) died due to electric shock. On receiving information, a large number of BJP workers as well as the Kotwali police reached the spot. Ramchandra Yadav of Kotiya village under Kadipur Kotwali was getting a house constructed. During this time, the roof was filled with water. On Sunday morning, he was going to fill water again. As soon as he climbed the roof, he came in contact with the electric wire passing above the roof and was electrocuted. The family members alleged that the electricity department had a naked electric cable over the roof. Police sent the body for post-mortem. Junior engineer Praveen Singh said that the roof was filled with water and the deceased picked up the ACV wire passing over it from the track. The track got wet due to water, due to which the neutral current flowed and he died after getting electric shock. Further investigations are on in the matter. WOMAN MAULED TO DEATH BY STRAY DOGS Meanwhile, a 45-year-old woman, said to be mentally challenged, was mauled to death by stray dogs near Nanhu Mundera village in Kushinagar district. According to Vikram Ajeet Rai, police post in-charge, a partially eaten body was found by locals near a canal in Nanhu Mundera village on Saturday. The body has been sent for post-mortem and an inquiry is underway into the case. The deceased has not been identified yet. The officials confirmed that there were deep wounds all over her body, particularly the victims eyes and neck. The locals said that the woman had arrived in the area three days ago and was living on the bank of the canal outside the village. Village head Suresh Kushwaha said several applications had been given regarding the menace of stray dogs but no action was taken by the authorities. According to Circle Officer of Kaptanganj, Rajkumar Barnwal, due to the prevalence of meat and poultry corners, dogs consume meat and become aggressive and attack people.

If You Like This Story, Support NYOOOZ



Your support to NYOOOZ will help us to continue create and publish news for and from smaller cities, which also need equal voice as much as citizens living in bigger cities have through mainstream media organizations.

Stay updated with all the Lucknow Latest News headlines here. For more exclusive & live news updates from all around India, stay connected with NYOOOZ.

Related Articles