Summary: Lucknow: Although Congress party is down to its worst-ever tally in both the Lok Sabha and Vidhan Sabha, an encouraging response to its membership drive has enthused the cadre in the state. Anyone is open to see and verify the membership drive claimed, Tripathi, who said that the similar encouraging response was being witnessed all over the state.An insider, however, said that the rise in the membership could be attributed to the forthcoming civic bodies elections. The party claims that the number of new members during the drive has already touched 30 lakh. "It's an encouraging sign for the party just before civic elections," says an old-timer. "I feel that a good number of individuals might be eyeing the party ticket," he said, adding "even this is welcome for us.
Subscribe to Lucknow News
- Rains affect puja preparations in Cuttack
- MLA Pravat family, supporters allege foul play behind CBI arrest
- Bus ferrying school children mows down man, driver flees leaving behind children
- Delhi Congress workers to form human chain to protest high petrol, diesel prices
- Bandit Babuli Kol avoiding cell phone use to stay off police radar
- Cops can’t be private guards: Bombay HC asks government to review police protection cases